Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Happy Birthday

Today we are celebrating a milestone;
Eighty years have come and gone.
Walter, you crossed my path 15 years ago
When both our lives were at a low.
On our wedding day
I was warned about your way:
The do's and don'ts
And wants and won'ts.
Coming from city life
I became a farmer's wife.
There were adjustments for both of us
Living three years on the farm was a plus.
Now we live in town
And have faced our ups and downs.
My love for you is very dear
I hope to share my days with you for many a year.
With Christ in the center of our life
Every day is more precious for me as your wife.

Happy birthday dear, I love you.
Addy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lovely poem Addy! And I send birthday greetings as well. Love your site and will continue to visit:0)
Lisa Wojna