Thursday, December 31, 2015

A new post for a new season. We're waiting out the old year, 2015, to start a brand new year, 2016. We do not know what the new year will bring us. Will it be an other year for my husband to be cared for at home, or maybe part of the year? He could still outlive me. We are both elderly and our time is in God's wise bestowment. We have learned to live one day at a time and some days are better than others.
 However I like to plan and have reserved a spot in the care home for Walter the end of February so I can take a break and visit the children. There is only one room available in the whole valley for respite and it is used often. If plans need to be changed, so be it.
I have also told my granddaughter that I plan to be at her wedding in July. I am excited to see her getting married.
We'll wait the hour to march into the new year and straight to bed. We are so thankful that we still are together in our home. To God be the glory.

2 comments:

Sharon Espeseth said...

What good attitudes you have, Addy--living day to day, planning but prepared to make adjustments if need be, thankfulness, being happy in whatever state you are in. Blessings in the New Year, Addy.

Addy Oberlin said...

Thank you Sharon for your reply.